This session begins after we reached a dead end while wondering through the underground tunnels, we now stand in a room with only one path – the way we just came. Above there was a fissure in the ceiling where Searos climbed through and returned with much haste; an enraged bear clawed at us from the other side. Grasping the other end of the rope wrapped around the bear’s neck, Geoffrei slammed the bear into the rock, knocking it unconscious. Searos vanished once again through the crack.
- After a time, Searos’ voice fills the empty cavern, calling out for everyone to come up so they may attack the bear together. But only Geoffrei answers the call, and scales the stone wall with ease. Standing above the creature they steady their weapons and strike simultaneously. More red blood trickles into the cavern through the crack as roars of rage echo down the cavern. In response to the sounds of combat above, Bantin boosts Salemar up the rope, then begins to climb behind him, shortly after Scord commences to climb.
- Eventually everyone except the Doctor arrived at the top to witness the brutal mauling of their friend Searos, the massive furry figure stand towering over the mangled body. Bantin hurries over to grab Searos, and toss him down the crevice where The Doctor remained to catch him. Meanwhile Geoffrei makes great efforts to calm to bear, it moves towards the mouth of the cave and watches angrily as we made our way back down the crack into the cavern once again.
- Back in the cavern exhaustion begins to set in and we set up camp for the night. Nothing too eventful passing during the night; at one point Scord sees what she believed to be a figure in the distance, but no other other signs presented themselves to cause concern. In the morning we moved back through the tunnel to the cavern with the river where we noticed a flickering light source.
- Near the light a man lie on the ground injured with a torch perched on a rock. The Doctor patches up the man’s wounds as Salemar questions him, but he could gather little information from the man. After The Doctor had finished, the man stood up and shouted “NOW!!!” – soon after balls of hardened mud crash down upon us from the other side of the river. The man sheds his skin unveiling a watery form as he shifts away across the river.
- Bantin moves across the river using his boots when launching itself from one of the stalactites a stone gargoyle slams into Bantin, knocking him upon the surface of the water. Geoffrei crosses the river to find 4 earth elementals drawing earth from the ground. A bulkier gargoyle comes from behind the group and attempts to gore Scord, eventually grabbing her and pulling her into the air above the river. But she manages to slide out of it’s grasp as she plunges into the river.
- The Doctor, Searos, and Scord all attempt to swim across the river, but the current proves too difficult and pulls them under. Meanwhile, Bantin, Geoffrei and Salemar battle with the remaining elementals.